Friday, February 08, 2008

Bismillah

Having a certificate does not necessarily means one is knowledgeable...

I am quoting Dr. Asri here. He said that many students treat their education at higher learning institutes as a mean to get jobs after graduation. This includes students in the field of Islamic knowledge i.e syariah, arabic, etc. Students no longer going after the knowledge, but they are after decent or even easy jobs with handsome pay. Thus, having a degree or a certificate does not necessarily mean a person is knowledgeable in his/her field anymore.

Alhamdulillah I've the chance to listen to a small part of Dr. Asri's talk this afternoon as my husband opened the online video. I have just started my MS degree and I think this is a good reminder to me to get as much of knowledge as I can while I am here, to go after the knowledge and not after the rewards. It's true that securing a job is important for all of us, but it cannot be everything and the only thing in mind.

This can be a good reminder to all of us. It's important to set aside material things for more important and noble matters. knowledge is sacred and will be beneficial if its practiced and utilized properly. Money is only for the dunya and we'll never feel enough of it until we die. Money keeps us busy and worry while knowledge can lead us to contentment and happiness both in this life and the hereafter.

p/s: student for life!

1 comment:

bintNaim said...

hmm....talking about money, the search will never end!
seeking knowledge for the sake of money will only make one crazy over the hardness of any subject learned. inshaAllah if we can have a pure intention when seeking knowledge for the sake of Allah, i guess there will be no more craziness heh! ~allahu 'alam